Here’s a little about me…
I didn’t want to put my baby into full-time childcare when my maternity leave ended in January 2009. I knew starting a business from home could be a solution but I couldn’t find the information I needed. So I started writing about the information I could find on Business Plus Baby in the hope it would help other mums like me.
That lead on to me writing a book, Start a Family Friendly Business: 129 Brilliant Business Ideas for Mums (with co-author Antonia Chitty) and a series of e-books and courses.
Here at Business Plus Baby you’ll find…
- Lots of info on online business including internet marketing and starting an online store without spending a fortune.
- A focus on building a solid, long-term financial future for you and your family, rather than making a few pounds to top up your family income (there’s nothing wrong with this of course, but there are already a lot of websites that cover making a few extra quid).
- An interest in personal finance – having a business is only one piece of the puzzle if you’re aiming to build a solid financial future for you and your family.
- Inspiration from other parents who are out there running their own businesses right now.
- Other tips, tricks and products for staying fit, well and happy as a working parent of young children.
And if you’re a parent with a business and a young family (or just hoping to be!) I can send you…
- My e-book: Running a Business Around a Family: 9 Steps to Success (4000 words, 23 pages)
- Updates from Business Plus Baby, including upcoming online courses
- Free stuff and discounts (including some that I don’t put up on the Business Plus Baby blog)
- Good stuff I get to hear about from other home/mum business experts
…if you join my email list 🙂
Just enter your email address at the top of the right-hand sidebar -> so I know where to send it all!