Just starting a business blog? Or maybe just thinking of starting one? I have a book for you!
My new book, Business Blogging for Beginners, is in the Kindle store now for just £2.29
(If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the Kindle reader for free here: Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac.)
You can read what’s in it here: Business Blogging for Beginners.
When I started out blogging over two years ago now, I learned how to blog by reading other blogs. It was a good place to start, but I wasted a lot of time too. That was because:
- Much of the advice on blogging is written by people blogging for fun, not to promote a product or service. Subtle but important difference.
- Plenty of the advice was contradictory, confusing or missed out things that were really important.
- People don’t put their best stuff on their blogs, they save it for the products they charge for. And those products can be expensive.
As well as wasting time on activities that weren’t very effective, I failed to do things that I should have been doing. Things like:
- Using keywords in my posts – people were looking for the information on my blog, except they were never going to find it because I wasn’t giving Google the right keywords to signpost them my way. As soon as I started to use keywords in my posts, I got more traffic with virtually no extra effort.
- Building a mailing list – not staying in touch with people who love your blog is a huge wasted opportunity. It takes time to build a list so you need to start as soon as you can. Done the right way, it doesn’t have to be much extra work, either.
- Adding photos to my posts – for the first six months my blog looked awful because I hadn’t got around to adding any photos!
Are you falling into the same traps as I did? 🙂
So if you want a straightforward introduction to promoting your business using a blog at a price anyone can afford, grab yourself a copy of Business Blogging for Beginners.
It even comes with a free e-book – Social Media in 15 Minutes a Day!