The need to say yes to going green is greater than ever, and it shouldn’t only influence your personal life. Turning your business into a more eco-friendly operation doesn’t only bring personal satisfaction. It can additionally inspire your team of employees and give clients an incentive to choose your company over its competitors.
Gaining the desire to enhance the efficiency of the operation is one thing, but actively doing it is another altogether. Here are five simple tricks that should work wonders for the operation and brand.
- Reduce the need for business travel by improving communication. Modern businesses can be split over several locations while you may also do deals with clients from over the world. Video conferencing facilities can provide a great alternative to meeting in person. Not only will you save time and money, but you’ll also save the planet. As for internal communications, cloud computing and team messaging smartphone Apps are the answer.
- Stop printing so many marketing materials, and take your advertising ventures online. Digital campaigns can reach far wider audiences, meaning that you’ll gain far more revenue on a smaller budget. Meanwhile, wasted digital impressions cause less damage to your pocket than wasted printed flyers. Better still, they won’t cause any harm to the planet. When combined with the fact it’s easier to edit a digital ad, there is no reason to ignore this realm any longer.
- Utilise old materials, especially in the workplace. Second hand office desks are just as useful as new ones, and stop perfectly fine products being trashed. Liquidation items can also help your business become greener while saving a lot of money in the process. Aside from making the company greener, you’ll be helping the old owners reduce their carbon footprint. Better still, you can keep the cycle going when it comes to replacing them in future years too.
- Choose greener packaging and distribution services. Eco-friendly packaging sends a clear message to customers, which can be another selling point for the company. However, the method in which those items reach their destination is equally important and should not be forgotten for a second. If nothing else, going the extra mile in this step will actively encourage a healthier mindset. In turn, that will promote positive moves in the other aspects of the operation.
- Reduce your carbon footprint with an improved approach to energy consumption. Solar panels are the obvious one, but there are plenty of ways to save water, electricity, and gas. The right office windows, for example, can work wonders for the temperature. On a similar note, going paperless can have a telling impact on energy as well as paper consumption. LED lighting and smarter usage will also make a noticeable difference. Best of all, your energy bills should fall dramatically.
Going green brings a whole host of benefits for a modern business. As such, entering 2018 without at least starting those transformations simply isn’t an option. Make those changes today, and you’ll be destined for a far brighter tomorrow.