If you’re an aspiring mumpreneur, you might be wondering where on earth you’ll get the money to start your business. True, there are some businesses that will always need a bank loan for a hundred thousand pounds, but it doesn’t have to be like that. Did you know…?
- If you want to do some market research, Survey Monkey is a free tool that you can use to create an online questionnaire.
- You can get a website with a shopping cart from Mr Site for £19.99 for your first year. No technical knowledge is needed because you use templates to create your site. (There are other similar sites, too).
- Vistaprint do free or cheap business cards, postcards, fridge magnets, t-shirts, pens…..you name it, they can print it for you. (If you go for the free products, you’ll need to pay postage.)
- If you need a simple website with perhaps a photo and some info about you, you can set one up in minutes for free at WordPress.com or Blogger.com
- There are loads of websites that you can use to listen to and connect with potential customers for free, including Twitter, Facebook, BT Tradespace, Ecademy, LinkedIn and web forums where your target market get together. Check the rules for each, some allow business promotion and others don’t.
After a few months or so, you’ll probably want to find yourself a web designer, graphic designer or a printer that will give you more freedom and a less generic look. By then you’ll have proved that your business has a market, found your first customers and hopefully earned yourself some cash.
It’s never been cheaper or easier to get a home business started. What are you waiting for?