I don’t know about you, but I shop online all the time. In fact I can go for days on end without handing cash, bank notes or even a credit card over a shop counter. That’s why it’s no bad thing to have a reminder of how to shop safely online from time to time.
Today I’ve got for you the second in my series of videos from the Credit Made Clearer campaign (you can see the first in taking care of your money and leaky buckets).
Here are some safe online shopping tips:
- Check your computer has anti-virus software, a firewall that’s enabled and you use passwords that are hard to guess.
- Look for a padlock in the browser bar (not on the website itself)
- Register your cards with MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa
- Shred receipts and any paperwork with your name and address on it
- When you get your statement, check it thoroughly and report any suspect items to your bank or card provider
I’ll be featuring my third video of the series in a couple of weeks.